From humble and modest beginnings, Caswell Springs United Methodist Church was established in 1875 at its present location in Wade, Mississippi. Pioneer members originally gathered at camp meetings until becoming part of the East Pascagoula Circuit and starting their own church. Mr. C.F. Gillespie and Reverend Benjamin Jones worked to construct the small one-room log structure that was furnished with homemade benches and heated by a wood burning stove. Records indicate that Reverend Jones’ first sermon topic was from Second Chronicles, Chapter 14.
From the original log structure to our current sanctuary and Center of Ministry, Caswell Springs has been blessed with an amazing amount of growth. We invite you to be a part of our continued progress as we follow God’s will for our church, our community and our lives.
1875 - Caswell Springs is established as part of the East Pascagoula Circuit
1881 - Organized into Americus Circuit
1890 - A lumber church was built to replace the original log structure
1894 - Became a part of Escatawpa Charge
1897 - Caswell Spring’s Sunday School program started
1947 - A new block structure (today’s daycare dining room) was built
1952 - Caswell Springs became a full line station church
1955 - A new parsonage was dedicated
1961 - The present sanctuary, offices and old kitchen were constructed
1986 - The current Parsonage was completed
1997 - New classroom building is finished
2000 - The Memorial Garden is dedicated
2000 - Full Christian Daycare program added to Preschool
2006 - Center for Ministry completed; church facilities double in size